* Lab members have been bolded.
- Jensen EL, Miller JM, Edwards DL, Garrick RC, Tapia W, Caccone A, Russello MA (in press) Temporal mitogenomics of the Galapagos Giant Tortoise from Pinzón reveals potential biases in population genetic inference. Journal of Heredity [pdf]
- Roberts JD, Edwards DL (accepted pending revision) The Evolution, Physiology and Ecology of the Australian Arid Zone Frog Fauna. In “On the Ecology of Australia’s Arid Zone” (Ed. Lambers H)
- Gaughran SJ, Quinzin MC, Miller JM, Garrick RC, Edwards DL, Russello MA, Poulakakis N, Ciofi C, Beheregaray LB, Caccone A (in press) Theory, practice and the conservation of Galápagos giant tortoises in the age of genomics. Evolutionary Applications [pdf]
- Miller JM, Quinzin MC, Poulakakis N, Beheregaray LB, Garrick RC, Russello MA, Ciofi C, Edwards DL, Hunter EA, Tapia W, Rueda D, Carrion J, Gibbs JP, Caccone A (2017) Identification of Genetically Important Individuals of the Rediscovered Floreana Galápagos Giant Tortoise (Chelonoidis elephantopus) Provide Founders for Species Restoration Program. Scientific Reports 7(1): 11471. [pdf]
- Amey AP, Edwards DL (2017) Taxonomy of the Sand Sliders of Western Australia’s central coast (genus Lerista, Squamata: Scincidae): recognition of Lerista miopus (Günther, 1867). Zootaxa 4317: 111-133. [pdf]
- Vertucci S, Pepper M, Edwards DL, Roberts JD, Mitchell N, Keogh JS (2017) Evolutionary and natural history of the turtle frog, Myobatrachus gouldii, a bizarre myobatrachid frog in the southwestern Australian biodiversity hotspot. PLoS One 12(3): e0173348. [pdf]
- Poulakakis, N*, Edwards DL*, Chiari Y, Garrick RC, Benavides E, Russello MA, Watkins-Colwell GJ, Glaberman S, Tapia W, Gibbs JP, Cayot LJ, Caccone A (2015) Description of a new Galapagos Giant Tortoise Species (Chelonoidis; Testudines: Testudinidae) from Cerro Fatal on Santa Cruz Island. PLoS One 10(10): e0138779. [pdf]
* Equal first author contribution.
- Edwards DL, Melville J, Joseph L, Keogh JS (2015) Ecological divergence, adaptive diversification and the evolution of social signaling traits: An empirical study in arid Australian lizards. The American Naturalist 186 (6): E144-161. [pdf]
- Rix MG, Edwards DL, Byrne M, Harvey MS, Joseph L, Roberts JD (2015) Biogeography and speciation of terrestrial fauna in the south-western Australian biodiversity hotspot. Biological Reviews 90: 762-793. [pdf]
- Bayha KM, Chang MH, Mariani CL, Richardson JL, Edwards DL, DeBoer TS, Moseley C, Aksoy E, Decker MB, Gaffney MB, Harbison GR, McDonald JH, Caccone A (2015) Worldwide phylogeography of the invasive ctenophore Mnemiopsis leidyi (Ctenophora) based on nuclear and mitochondrial DNA data. Biological Invasions 17: 827-850. [pdf]
- Edwards DL, Garrick RC, Tapia W, Caccone A (2014) Cryptic structure and niche divergence within threatened Galápagos giant tortoises from southern Isabela Island. Conservation Genetics 15: 1357-1369. [pdf]
- Garrick RC, Benavides E, Russell MA, Hyseni C, Edwards DL, Gibbs JP, Tapia W, Caccone A (2014) Lineage fusion in Galápagos giant tortoises. Molecular Ecology 23: 5276-5290. [pdf]
- Edwards DL, Knowles LL (2014) Species detection and individual assignment in species delimitation: Can integrative data increase efficacy? Proceedings of the Royal Society B. 281: 20132765. [pdf]
- He Q, Edwards DL, Knowles LL (2013) Integrative test of how environments from the past to the present shape genetic structure across landscapes. Evolution 67: 3386-3402. [pdf]
- Lanier HC, Edwards DL, Knowles LL (2013) Phylogenetic structure of vertebrate communities across the Australian arid zone. Journal of Biogeography 40: 1059-1070. [pdf]
- Edwards DL, Benavides E, Garrick RC, Gibbs JP, Russello MA, Dion KB, Hyseni C, Flannigan JP, Tapia W, Caccone A (2013) The genetic legacy of Lonesome George survives: giant tortoises with Pinta Island ancestry identified in Galápagos. Biological Conservation 157: 225-228. [pdf]
- Edwards DL, Keogh JS, Knowles LL (2012) Effects of vicariant barriers, habitat stability, population isolation and environmental features on species divergence in the south-western Australian reptile community. Molecular Ecology 21: 3809-3822. [pdf]
- Sistrom MJ, Edwards DL, Hutchinson MN, Donnellan SC (2012) Morphological divergence correlates with ecological but not genetic divergence in a Gehyra gecko. Journal of Evolutionary Biology 25: 647-660. [pdf]
- Edwards DL, Melville J (2011) Extensive phylogeographic and morphological diversity in Diporiphora nobbi (Agamidae) leads to a taxonomic review and a new species description. Journal of Herpetology 45: 530-546. [pdf]
- Edwards DL, Roberts JD (2011) Genetic diversity and biogeographic history inform future conservation management strategies for the rare Sunset Frog (Spicospina flammocaerulea). Australian Journal of Zoology 59: 63-72. [pdf]
See press here.
- Edwards DL, Melville J (2010) Phylogeographic analysis detects congruent patterns between a dry woodland agamid and Australian Wet Tropics taxa despite disparate evolutionary trajectories. Journal of Biogeography 37: 1543-1556. [pdf]
- Keogh JS, Edwards DL, Fisher RN, Harlow PS (2008) Molecular and morphological analysis of the critically endangered Fijian iguanas reveals cryptic diversity and a complex biogeographic history. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B 363: 3413-3426. [pdf]
- Edwards DL, Roberts JD, Keogh JS (2008) Climatic fluctuations shape the phylogeography of a mesic direct developing frog from the south-western Australian biodiversity hotspot. Journal of Biogeography 35: 1803-1815. [pdf]
- Doughty P, Edwards DL (2008) A new species of Arenophryne (Anura Myobatrachidae) from the central coast of Western Australia. Records of the Western Australian Museum 24: 121-131. [pdf]
See press here.
- Edwards DL (2007) Biogeography and speciation of a direct developing frog from the coastal arid zone of Western Australia. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 45: 494-505. [pdf]
- Edwards DL, Roberts JD, Keogh JS (2007) The impact of Plio-Pleistocene arid cycling on the population history of a south-western Australian frog. Molecular Ecology 16: 2782-2796. [pdf]
2004 & earlier
- Edwards DL, Mahony MJ, Clulow J (2004) Effect of sperm concentration, medium osmolality and oocyte storage on artificial fertilisation success in a myobatrachid frog (Limnodynastes tasmaniensis). Reproduction, Fertility and Development 16: 347-354. [pdf]
- Browne RK, Edwards DL (2003) The effect of temperature on growth and development of green and golden bell frogs (Litoria aurea). Journal of Thermal Biology 28: 295-299. [pdf]