* Lab members have been bolded.
- Miller JM, Quinzin MC, Poulakakis N, Beheregaray LB, Garrick RC, Russello MA, Ciofi C, Edwards DL, Hunter EA, Tapia W, Rueda D, Carrion J, Gibbs JP, Caccone A (in press) Identification of Genetically Important Individuals of the Rediscovered Floreana Galápagos Giant Tortoise (Chelonoidis elephantopus) Provide Founders for Species Restoration Program. Scientific Reports 7(1): 11471. [pdf]
- Gaughran SJ, Quinzin MC, Miller JM, Garrick RC, Edwards DL, Russello MA, Poulakakis N, Ciofi C, Beheregaray LB, Caccone A (in press) Theory, practice and the conservation of Galápagos giant tortoises in the age of genomics. Evolutionary Applications [pdf]
- Roberts JD, Edwards DL (accepted pending revision) The Evolution, Physiology and Ecology of the Australian Arid Zone Frog Fauna. In “On the Ecology of Australia’s Arid Zone” (Ed. Lambers H)
- Amey AP, Edwards DL (2017) Taxonomy of the Sand Sliders of Western Australia’s central coast (genus Lerista, Squamata: Scincidae): recognition of Lerista miopus (Günther, 1867). Zootaxa 4317: 111-133. [pdf]
- Vertucci S, Pepper M, Edwards DL, Roberts JD, Mitchell N, Keogh JS (2017) Evolutionary and natural history of the turtle frog, Myobatrachus gouldii, a bizarre myobatrachid frog in the southwestern Australian biodiversity hotspot. PLoS One 12(3): e0173348. [pdf]
- Poulakakis, N*, Edwards DL*, Chiari Y, Garrick RC, Benavides E, Russello MA, Watkins-Colwell GJ, Glaberman S, Tapia W, Gibbs JP, Cayot LJ, Caccone A (2015) Description of a new Galapagos Giant Tortoise Species (Chelonoidis; Testudines: Testudinidae) from Cerro Fatal on Santa Cruz Island. PLoS One 10(10): e0138779. [pdf]
* Equal first author contribution.
- Edwards DL, Melville J, Joseph L, Keogh JS (2015) Ecological divergence, adaptive diversification and the evolution of social signaling traits: An empirical study in arid Australian lizards. The American Naturalist 186 (6): E144-161. [pdf]
- Rix MG, Edwards DL, Byrne M, Harvey MS, Joseph L, Roberts JD (2015) Biogeography and speciation of terrestrial fauna in the south-western Australian biodiversity hotspot. Biological Reviews 90: 762-793. [pdf]
- Bayha KM, Chang MH, Mariani CL, Richardson JL, Edwards DL, DeBoer TS, Moseley C, Aksoy E, Decker MB, Gaffney MB, Harbison GR, McDonald JH, Caccone A (2015) Worldwide phylogeography of the invasive ctenophore Mnemiopsis leidyi (Ctenophora) based on nuclear and mitochondrial DNA data. Biological Invasions 17: 827-850. [pdf]
- Edwards DL, Garrick RC, Tapia W, Caccone A (2014) Cryptic structure and niche divergence within threatened Galápagos giant tortoises from southern Isabela Island. Conservation Genetics 15: 1357-1369. [pdf]
- Garrick RC, Benavides E, Russell MA, Hyseni C, Edwards DL, Gibbs JP, Tapia W, Caccone A (2014) Lineage fusion in Galápagos giant tortoises. Molecular Ecology 23: 5276-5290. [pdf]
- Edwards DL, Knowles LL (2014) Species detection and individual assignment in species delimitation: Can integrative data increase efficacy? Proceedings of the Royal Society B. 281: 20132765. [pdf]
- He Q, Edwards DL, Knowles LL (2013) Integrative test of how environments from the past to the present shape genetic structure across landscapes. Evolution 67: 3386-3402. [pdf]
- Lanier HC, Edwards DL, Knowles LL (2013) Phylogenetic structure of vertebrate communities across the Australian arid zone. Journal of Biogeography 40: 1059-1070. [pdf]
- Edwards DL, Benavides E, Garrick RC, Gibbs JP, Russello MA, Dion KB, Hyseni C, Flannigan JP, Tapia W, Caccone A (2013) The genetic legacy of Lonesome George survives: giant tortoises with Pinta Island ancestry identified in Galápagos. Biological Conservation 157: 225-228. [pdf]
- Edwards DL, Keogh JS, Knowles LL (2012) Effects of vicariant barriers, habitat stability, population isolation and environmental features on species divergence in the south-western Australian reptile community. Molecular Ecology 21: 3809-3822. [pdf]
- Sistrom MJ, Edwards DL, Hutchinson MN, Donnellan SC (2012) Morphological divergence correlates with ecological but not genetic divergence in a Gehyra gecko. Journal of Evolutionary Biology 25: 647-660. [pdf]
- Edwards DL, Melville J (2011) Extensive phylogeographic and morphological diversity in Diporiphora nobbi (Agamidae) leads to a taxonomic review and a new species description. Journal of Herpetology 45: 530-546. [pdf]
- Edwards DL, Roberts JD (2011) Genetic diversity and biogeographic history inform future conservation management strategies for the rare Sunset Frog (Spicospina flammocaerulea). Australian Journal of Zoology 59: 63-72. [pdf]
See press here.
- Edwards DL, Melville J (2010) Phylogeographic analysis detects congruent patterns between a dry woodland agamid and Australian Wet Tropics taxa despite disparate evolutionary trajectories. Journal of Biogeography 37: 1543-1556. [pdf]
- Keogh JS, Edwards DL, Fisher RN, Harlow PS (2008) Molecular and morphological analysis of the critically endangered Fijian iguanas reveals cryptic diversity and a complex biogeographic history. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B 363: 3413-3426. [pdf]
- Edwards DL, Roberts JD, Keogh JS (2008) Climatic fluctuations shape the phylogeography of a mesic direct developing frog from the south-western Australian biodiversity hotspot. Journal of Biogeography 35: 1803-1815. [pdf]
- Doughty P, Edwards DL (2008) A new species of Arenophryne (Anura Myobatrachidae) from the central coast of Western Australia. Records of the Western Australian Museum 24: 121-131. [pdf]
See press here.
- Edwards DL (2007) Biogeography and speciation of a direct developing frog from the coastal arid zone of Western Australia. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 45: 494-505. [pdf]
- Edwards DL, Roberts JD, Keogh JS (2007) The impact of Plio-Pleistocene arid cycling on the population history of a south-western Australian frog. Molecular Ecology 16: 2782-2796. [pdf]
2004 & earlier
- Edwards DL, Mahony MJ, Clulow J (2004) Effect of sperm concentration, medium osmolality and oocyte storage on artificial fertilisation success in a myobatrachid frog (Limnodynastes tasmaniensis). Reproduction, Fertility and Development 16: 347-354. [pdf]
- Browne RK, Edwards DL (2003) The effect of temperature on growth and development of green and golden bell frogs (Litoria aurea). Journal of Thermal Biology 28: 295-299. [pdf]